Vampires with disastrous private lives…
The countdown to BLAST OFF and Christmas is so exciting! Now I have a challenge for you. Would YOU like to be the featured artist for the COVER of Daybreak:Flatlined?
My publisher BLVNP Inc. is extending a chance for an Indie, artsy, amazing person like yourself to win a contest for a gig now and for future projects. For the cover, I’m looking for vampires in a Dorian Gray situation with either a flood, fallen angels, or romance worked into the picture.
Here’s what you do:
My publisher BLVNP inc. is holding the cover contest for my book, Daybreak. That’s right! And you can submit a cover entry that could become the official cover of my book when it finally hits the stores! And your name will both be in the book, and on the back of its physical cover! See, your name on the cover of the book. You will be as famous as the book!
In fact, whenever anyone thinks of this story they will be thinking of your amazing artwork. Can you say THIS IS MY BIG BREAK or what!
Ok, here are the guidelines:
Just send the covers to me at email@example.com on or before Dec. 18, 2015. The only requirements are:
Book Cover Guidelines
1. Know that if we choose your cover you will get credit ON the physical cover and inside the book. This can actually help you a lot as a graphic artist and bring you future work from us and other book publishers.
2. You will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.
3. You cannot use any copyright images. You can use Royalty Free Images.
4. We need a high res format of the cover in JPG and Photoshop format, as well so that we can use it for the paperback version of the book.
5. Cover Image size should be 5.5 by 8.5 inches in 300 Pixels per inch resolution.
• The cover has to look good when in Amazon Thumbnail size. The idea is that people WANT to click on it when they see the thumbnail.
• The text needs to be readable.
• You should use only 1 font.
• The cover needs the title AND the authors name
7. The cover needs to have the Title and the Authors Name visible.
8. If your cover wins we will do everything we can to use it. If it wins we will WANT to use it because that will give us the most future sales. BUT… You do need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example we might not be able to use the Photoshop file for some reason or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.
9. Submit your created cover on or before Dec. 18, 2015.
10. Also, my author name is Elle Arcie, so that needs to be right in the cover.
I will be giving you updates as it all happens. Now most of the time when people give updates on how a project is going (like getting a book published), they are really boring. BUT I WILL DO BETTER! You can be guaranteed to be LOL’ing on every update. 😀
So stay tuned for more updates.
I’ll see you in the next post. 🙂